Want to work for one of the most exciting brands in Tech? Patchworks is Europe’s leading cloud integration platform, connecting the best SaaS in high-growth retail. Our connectivity powers some of the world’s fastest growing fashion and lifestyle brands, including Fiorucci, I Saw It First, This Works and Gymshark, and we’re proud to be considered as an essential partner.
Located at our offices in London and Nottingham our team is fully UK based, though our work travels much further and new brands joining the Patchworks’ platform each week. Due to this continued growth, we’re recruiting a number of new roles at Patchworks HQ in Nottingham.
Senior PHP Developer
We are currently looking for a Senior PHP Developer to join the team in central Nottingham at our Head Office location. This newly created position is ideal for a Senior PHP Developer with management experience looking for their next challenge.
Working closely with and reporting to our Technical Director, you will be commercially minded and hands-on, whilst having the structure and experience to lead our team of developers on launching and supporting our increasing portfolio of brands. We’re looking for someone who’s a natural problem solver with a can-do attitude and who has the agility to pivot on multiple projects.
To be considered for the role you will have the following skills and experience:
Skills & Experience
- Strong technical analysis and problem solving skills
- Commercial experience with data manipulation, experience with eCommerce data sets would be advantageous
- PHP 7+ OOP with MySQL and MongoDB
- Experience of working with the following API’s and data formats; REST, SOAP, ODATA, XML and CSV
- API design, build, documentation and management.
- Development team management, with the ability to offer insights or help to junior team members.
- Experience with Laravel or Symphony based frameworks.
- GIT version control
- Experience with MySQL and MongoDB
- Project management and customer support using JIRA
- Basic dev-ops knowledge for VPS based Linux instances
- Knowledge of debugging tools such as Xdebug
- Knowledge and understanding of internet and data security requirements
- Become an expert in the Patchworks system
- Carry out development with future maintainability and usability in mind
- Resolve escalated support issues
- Liase with 3rd party technical contacts and clients where necessary
- Follow the delivery procedures laid out by the project managers, and offer improvements where relevant
- Provide structured mentoring and training for the development team
- Share development skills and knowledge with other team members
- Act as main point of contact for day-to-day development queries
- Assist in reviewing and maintaining high quality code output across the team
- Adhere to best development practices as laid out by the company
- Inform the company of new technology opportunities
- Assist project managers in ensuring processes are followed
- Assist in implementing and researching new development and delivery techniques
- Competitive salary with a bonus scheme
- Modern office, set in the centre of Nottingham’s creative quarter.
- Friendly working environment
- Your choice or Mac, Linux or Windows machine
- Endless supply of tea, coffee, biscuits (and necessary cake, pizzas, beers when required!)
- Personal development and training plan
- Company staff nights out
- Opportunity to shape a growing software company over the next phase of growth
This role is available immediately, to apply for this role, please use the form below or send a copy of your CV, with a short introduction, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please, no recruitment agencies.