We have a unique opportunity for an experienced PHP Developer. Not only could you join Team Patchworks, one of the most exciting brands in Tech. But you could also be seconded to Gymshark, the rapidly growing fitness apparel & accessories brand, that is supported by over 5.2 million loyal followers on social media and customers in more than 130 countries.
Patchworks are Europe’s leading cloud iPaaS (Integration Platform as a Service), connecting the best SaaS in high-growth retail. We power some of the world’s fastest growing fashion and lifestyle brands, including Gymshark, Bluebella, Sophie Allport and This Works, and we’re proud they consider us an essential partner.
With offices in London and Nottingham, our team are fully UK based, though our impact is felt across Europe and the Globe. This role will be based at our Head Office in Nottingham. Thanks to the unique collaborative opportunity this role offers, there is also the potential for up to two days a week on site with Gymshark, at their HQ in Solihull.
Patchworks integrate Gymshark’s NetSuite ERP with all of their other critical business systems. Thanks to Gymshark and Patchworks continued growth, we are now recruiting for an experienced PHP Developer to join Team Patchworks for secondment to the Gymshark Family.
Working closely with Patchworks’ Chief Technical Officer, you will be required to build upon and extend the excellent relationship that we already have with Gymshark. We’re looking for someone who thrives under pressure and is happy to get into the trenches.
Skills & Experience
To be considered for the role you will also need the following skills and experience:
- Strong technical analysis and problem solving skills
- Commercial experience with data manipulation, experience with eCommerce data sets would be advantageous
- PHP 7+ OOP with MySQL and MongoDB
- NetSuite ERP, specifically:
- Suitescript 1.0 & 2.0
- Evidential experience of creating Suitelets
- Experience of working with the following APIs and Data Formats:
- API Design, build, documentation and management
- Experience with Laravel or Symfony based frameworks
- GIT version control
- Project Management and Customer Support delivery via a solution such as JIRA
- DevOps knowledge for VPS-based Linux instances
- Knowledge of debugging tools, such as Xdebug
- Knowledge and understanding of internet and data security requirements
- Experience of working in a high-pressure environment.
- Become an expert in the Patchworks system
- Become an expert in Gymshark’s NetSuite ERP implementation
- Develop and maintain integrations with Netsuite ERP that are efficient and scalable, ensuring that data is transferred at all times in a timely and accurate fashion.
- Carry out development for Gymshark with usability, scalability and future maintenance in mind
- Resolve escalated support issues
- Create, maintain and nurture a strong relationship with Gymshark’s Head of Systems and other stakeholders as required
- Follow the delivery procedures laid out by the project managers and offer improvements where relevant
- Share development skills and knowledge with other team members
- Act as main point of contact for day-to-day development queries from Gymshark
- Assist in reviewing and maintaining high-quality code output
- Adhere to best development practices as laid out by the company and contribute to improvements where relevant
- Inform the company of new technology opportunities
- Assist Project Managers in ensuring processes are followed
- Assist in implementing and researching new development and delivery techniques.
- Competitive salary with a bonus scheme
- Modern office, set in the centre of Nottingham’s creative quarter and the opportunity to spend up to two days a week at Gymshark’s new Solihull HQ, complete with chill-out zones, napping pods, a cafe and a cinema room.
- Contribution matched pension scheme
- Regular company staff nights out
- Endless tea, coffee and biscuit supply
- Opportunity to help shape a growing software company and a growing retailer over their next phases of growth.
This opportunity is available immediately, to apply for this role, please use the form below or send a copy of your CV, with a short introduction, to email@example.com.
Please, no recruitment agencies.